Monday, May 17, 2010

First Belly Picture!

This is my first official belly picture. I'm 15 weeks here. I was so excited when everyone told me on Mother's Day that I was actually looking pregnant! A week later I'm starting to see it more; certain tops exacerbate it (I try to wear those :-) I find it funny that most of my life I've had to search high and low to find shirts that are not too long. Now that my tummy is getting bigger all those tops that fit just right over a flat tummy are starting to creep up. I really enjoy seeing all the changes my body is going through. It's actually really fun!Things are going well still. We had an OB appt on Friday and everything is great! Baby is slowly moving up and his/her heartrate was 160, perfectly healthy. There was some debate over whether I had actually gained 12 pounds in the 4 weeks since my last appointment (I've been tracking it at home and I hadn't gained anything of the sort, more like 4-6). Apparently the previous doctor's office measurement was really low, lower than my pre-pregnancy weight, but I managed to convince them of this and didn't receive any lectures. We had to re-schedule our next appointment due to Jeff having a work conflict and now we get to find out boy or girl 4 days earlier which is only 3 WEEKS from today! You can bet we're excited!!!

I'm starting to get back to some of my regular exercising, at a lower intensity of course. It's great to be back in spin class and breaking a bit of a sweat. I've been doing a little light jogging as well; gotta keep those legs and lungs as much as I can. We went hiking Saturday with some friends at Wallace Falls. I am definitely not the same woman I was pre-pregnancy! I can still keep up, more or less, but the extra weight and lower lung capcity were quite apparent as I hauled myself up the mountain. Honestly, it was kind of hard to find myself bringing up the rear rather than leading the charge as I did last summer. But just the fact that I'm pregnant and still hiking has got to count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment